Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- When we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer
- When you visit our websites
- When you register as an end-user of our services
- To respond to billing inquiries and keep you updated with news about ITechCare 24/7, the service, and our partners
- When you contact us for help
- When you attend our customer conferences or webinars
- When the site sends us error reports or application analytics data
How we use your Personal Information
ITechCare 24/7 may use the information it collects from you for any lawful purpose, including, without limitation, for providing products and services, identification and authentication, Service operation, analytics and improvements, support, contact (e.g., sending notifications related to use of the Service), marketing and promotions, research, and anonymous reporting. We may combine Automatically Collected Information with other information we collect about you, in each case that does not directly identify you as a person (but as explained above, may still identify your device or indirectly identify you), to improve site functionality and the services we offer you, and for Service and both internal and external marketing analytics.
ITechCare 24/7 may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide you with a requested Product or Service or carry out a contract
- Respond to billing inquiries and keep you updated with news about ITechCare 24/7 the service, and our partners
- Provide administrative support when you register for an online service we offer (such as account set-up, troubleshooting, and password reset).
- Send you marketing communications from us or any of our partners where you have given your consent to this or it is otherwise lawful for us to do so. You can choose not to receive any of these marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails (where applicable) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- Enforce our terms and conditions
- Manage our business
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
- When you agree to let us display a personal testimonial along with your name to endorse our services. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can email us at email@example.com
Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- We may provide your information to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf
- Third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement
- We may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase
- As required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, ITechCare 24/7 is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. ITechCare 24/7 and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
- Links. We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which our Company or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. European Union or Swiss individuals may refer to the Privacy Shield Statement below with regard to the transfer of their personal data.
Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
Your California Privacy Rights
Our Company does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Privacy Shield Statement
ITechCare 24/7 is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (“EU”) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Frameworks, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
ITechCare 24/7 is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and may subsequently transfer data to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. ITechCare 24/7 complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, ITechCare 24/7 is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Under certain conditions, as more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
WhenITechCare 24/7 collects Personal Data from individuals, we:
- Give Notice. We shall inform an individual of the purpose for which we collect and use their Personal Data and the types of third parties to whichITechCare 24/7 discloses or may disclose that Personal Data.ITechCare 24/7 shall provide the individual with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Data toITechCare 24/7, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before ITechCare 24/7 uses or discloses the Personal Data for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. ITechCare 24/7 may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Offer Choice. Individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a non-Agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Agents, technology vendors and/or contractors of ITechCare 24/7 or affiliated companies may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of ITechCare 24/7 or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for ITechCare 24/7 or as otherwise required by law.
- Disclose Accountability for Onward Transfer. Prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. ITechCare 24/7 shall ensure that any third party to which Personal Data may be disclosed subscribes to the Principles or is subject to laws providing the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles and agrees in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection. ITechCare 24/7 may be held responsible in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
- Data Security. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. ITechCare 24/7 has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, data transmissions over the Internet and methods of electronic storage are not 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, ITechCare 24/7 shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
- Access and Recourse. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. If you don’t want us to use your information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes. If you do not wish to be contacted, please let us know.In cases where ITechCare 24/7 is a Data Processor, individuals must contact the Data Controller.
137 North Pacific Coast Highway
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- Human Resources Data. If your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by ITechCare 24/7 and your inquiry or complaint involves human resource data, you may have your complaint considered by an independent recourse mechanism: for EU/EEA Data Subjects, a panel established by the EU data protection authorities (“DPA Panel”), and for Swiss Data Subjects, the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”). To do so, you should contact the state or national data protection or labor authority in the jurisdiction where you work. ITechCare 24/7agrees to cooperate with the relevant national DPAs and to comply with the decisions of the DPA Panel and the FDPIC. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
- Non-Human Resources Data. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint by ITechCare 24/7, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. ITechCare 24/7 has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through any of the above channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
B) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of ITechCare 24/7 that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: December 3, 2018.